15 April 2009

A danger to himself and others

In my health class today I took a quiz, which informed me that I'm sleep-deprived.

As though hitting the snooze button repeatedly, falling asleep in the shower, scalding my hand while making coffee, missing my first class and showing up to my second jittery and unshaven couldn't have already indicated that...

When I made this schedule last semester, which includes a class at 8:00 am three days a week and frequent work shifts until 3:00 am, I remember having the conscious thought... sure it might be hard, but I can do anything for four months.

In a way, it's kind of fun going throughout your days on a series of catnaps. It's like alcoholism for the poor man! True every time I get behind the wheel of a car, mothers all over College Station collectively shudder, but then again, who are we kidding? They'd do that even if I got a solid eight hours.



I think I was English in a past life.

1 comment:

  1. "...couldn't have already indicated that..."

    Priceless opening paragraph. And yes, it is entirely possible you were English in another life.

    Or Jewish...wait a minute...

    ReplyDelete