23 April 2009

Spazzing out

I'm so restless.

Yesterday I walked out of class so that I didn't start screaming, "this is bullshiiiiit!" [imagine me screaming it like a banshee, the voice rising up towards the end to a wale higher than human hearing] I tried to take a nap but stared at the ceiling until I bolted up to the Rec Center to manically do a leg work out involving super sets of squats and squat jumps. Suffice to say, the glass tower of my peaceful, resigned, make-the-best-of-it exterior is showing some cracks these days.

I tried to go out and socialize later, but all I did was eat a ton of pizza and drink disappointing strawberry-flavored beer. It was nice to see people, but my conversation was as sparkling as flat Mr. Pib. I fell into bed only to wake up at 5 am with bad gas and cotton mouth. Screw. That.

Nevertheless, I feel like I have something to say to you guys [something very important], but it's apparently going to take another day of procrastination to distill the message into words.

So this is a teaser.

sleep deprivation:three pots of coffee:major purchases

Here's another: Friday I plan to skip all my classes. It's going to be epic.

More later...

On a lighter note [heaven knows we need these more often what with pirates and all]:
I have been rather bemused lately by the realization [reminder?] that many people with a seemly demure, straight-laced exterior can often gloss over the most confused, multi-faceted sexualities. It's comforting not only for the interest of discovering a unique human experience, but also for the simple assurance that no one corresponds with our culture's almost asexual standards of "purity."

And that's okay...

Anthropological interest aside, I do look forward to living somewhere with a little more integrity, a little less self-loathing and [above all] something more interesting to talk/think about than the asinine gossip of a town whose most memorable event in the past year was the completion of the construction on Texas Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment